Traffic Control Person (Road and Sewer Construction)
We are a medium sized Heavy Civil construction company operating in Mid-western Ontario. We are looking for new crew members to join our team of efficient, safety-minded workers. We have long-term work available for the right candidate as a Traffic Control Person (TCP). Preferred applicants will have road building and sewer and watermain construction experience, but we will also consider individuals with less experience if you possess the right attitude. We offer a consistent work schedule, health benefits, competitive pay and performance-based bonuses. The ideal candidates will be capable of working with minimal oversight but willing to follow directions closely. Candidates must have a friendly, outgoing personality, be polite but at the same time firm and authorative.
Traffic Control Person responsibilities and duties
· Perform pre-shift circle check of equipment. (signs, cones, etc.)
· Ensure the safe passage of pedestrians and public motor vehicles through the work zone
· All problems to be reported to foreman immediately.
· Watch for and assist reversing construction vehicles.
· Ensure hand signals are understood before start of work.
· Keep communications with other traffic controller open.
· Move cones as required as work zones dictates.
· Work in compliance with policies, procedures, standards, OHSA and applicable regulations.
· Other duties may be completed or assigned but not while you are performing traffic control duties.
Traffic Control Person skills
· Follow the instructions of the Site supervisor and get clarification if required.
· Is consistently at work and on time and properly dressed
· Follows safety policies and procedures.
· Immediately notifies management of unsafe conditions.
· Able to deal effectively and politely with to public.
· Able to maintain alertness during long periods of little activity.
· Able to communicate clearly with other traffic control person and motoring public.
· Able to read and understand basic instructions and memos.
· Ability to resolve common problems and concerns. (i.e. keep clear of machinery, keep clear of traffic, exercise judgment to work safe etc)