Heavy Equipment Operator, Hydraulic Excavator (Roads and Sewers)
We are a medium sized Heavy Civil construction Company operating in Mid-western Ontario. We are seeking an experienced Excavator Operator to join our team of efficient, safety-minded employees. Preferred applicants will have road building and sewer and watermain construction experience, but we will also consider individuals with less experience if you possess the right attitude. We offer a consistent work schedule, health benefits, competitive pay and performance-based bonuses. The ideal candidates will be capable of working with minimal oversight and must be willing to work together with other crew members to work through issues safely and efficiently.
Excavator Operator Responsibilities and duties
· Work in a manner that does not endanger yourself, your co-workers or the public
· Complete pre-trip inspection and documentation.
· Oil and lubricate as required by schedule.
· Operate Equipment in accordance to construction site rules.
· Determine correct machine placement for maximum safety and efficient operation
· Determine suitable areas for location of soil stockpile.
· Determine suitable location for material hauling machine to sit while being loaded.
· Pick up and place heavy loads with machine.
· Operate in a responsible manner.
· Ensure that you use three-point contact getting into and out of equipment.
· Work in compliance with policies, procedures, standards, OHSA and applicable legislation.
Education and or Experience:
· High school diploma/GED preferred
· Minimum of a Class G Drivers licence with a clean Drivers abstract
Excavator Operator Skills
· Follow the instructions of the Site supervisor and get clarification if required
· Punctual and properly dressed
· Able to maintain alertness during long periods of little activity.
· Able to evaluate ground conditions for levelness and stability.
· Able to read and understand basic instructions, locates and memos.
· Able to co-ordinate; “read”, and understand hand signals.
· Able to resolve common problems and concerns.
· Able to organize their work area for proper placement of soil and auxiliary equipment
· Able to determine soil types and proper sloping.
· Able to position equipment safely when lifting heavy loads.
Please email resume to email@example.com