Construction Worker (Roads and Sewers)
We are a medium sized Heavy Civil Construction Company operating in Mid-western Ontario. We are looking for new crew members to join our team of efficient, safety-minded Workers. We have long-term work available for the right candidate in a variety of positions. Preferred applicants will have road building and sewer and watermain construction experience, but we will also consider individuals with less experience if you posses the right attitude. We offer a consistent work schedule, health benefits, competitive pay and performance-based bonuses. The ideal candidates will be capable of working with minimal oversight but willing to follow directions closely. Additionally, he or she should be familiar with construction industry safety standards and procedures to ensure team members safety.
Construction Worker responsibilities and duties
· Work in a manner that does not endanger yourself, your co-workers or the public
· Rig materials to be installed for excavator or crane to lift.
· Cut pipes of various materials to size prior to installation
· Manually move pipes and blocks to required location on the job site
· Manually lower pipes into cut for installation
· Install pipes and concrete structures.
· Check grade for road cuts
· Read plan, survey grade sheets, and grade stakes
· Locate and expose utilities by hand as required.
· Direct excavator operator using hand and verbal communication.
· Manually grade pack and prepare various soils and granulars to specification
· Set up, align and take down lasers at the beginning and end of each day.
· Form up and pour concrete.
· Clean up tools and construction debris daily.
· Complete necessary documentation.
· Other duties may be imposed by your supervisor and manager as required.
Construction Worker skills
· Experience on a construction crew preferred but not required
· Willingness to learn construction skills on-site
· Ability to complete work efficiently and correctly with minimal supervision
· Excellent verbal communication skills
· Ability to work in all weather conditions
· Advanced organizational skills
· Able to work well with others
· Physically fit, able to spend long periods of time on your feet
Please email resumes to email@example.com