Shrimp Canada, a research based dynamic and growing company in Shrimp Aquaculture, is seeking to hire an experienced Aquaculture Facility Sanitation and Waste Water Recycle Chemist to support our site development and operations at the Palmerston Industrial Park.
Reporting to the Site Supervisor, the Aquaculture Chemist will work as part of a team, the Chemist will be primarily responsible for Water quality management, sanitation and general operations of RAS including feeding, animal husbandry, harvesting and security of fish stocks.
· A keen understanding of all shrimp handling procedures
· Understand, enforce, and adhere to all government regulations, farm practices and standard of practices;
· A good understanding of feed regimes, feed rates and feed monitoring;
· Familiarity with RAS in Shrimp farming and related maintenance;
· Environmental and plankton monitoring;
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Preference will be given to those with previous experience in commercial phytosanitary / zoosanitary procedures; Commercial algal biomass production and water recycle and related facility management
· University degree in Chemistry, related training certification and research and technical experience preferred;
· Must be physically fit and able to lift or move heavy items;
· Well-developed communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills, as well as teamwork and conflict resolution skills;
Valid certificates for First Aid, WHMIS, Forklift are an advantage.
For a full job description please visit www.shrimpcanada.ca or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all other applicants for their interest in the position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.