Shrimp Canada, a research based dynamic and growing company in the Shrimp Aquaculture, is seeking to hire an experienced Aquaculture Technicians to support our site development and operations at the Palmerston Industrial Park.
Reporting to the Site Supervisor, the Shrimp Hatchery and Nursery Technician will work as part of a team, the Hatchery Technician will be primarily responsible for breeding including micro algal and plankton growth facility, and security of fish stocks.
· A keen understanding of all shrimp breeding and handling procedures of bloodstock
· Understand, enforce, and adhere to all government regulations, laboratory farm practices and standard of practices;
· Assist and coordinate routine production
· A good understanding of feed regimes, feed rates and feed monitoring;
· Familiarity with RAS in Shrimp farming and related maintenance and monitoring;
· Environmental and plankton monitoring;
Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Preference will be given to those with previous experience in commercial shrimp breeding;
· Aquaculture diploma, Marine Biology, or a Bachelor in Marine Aquaculture or related College education preferred;
· Must be physically fit and able to lift or move heavy items;
· Well-developed communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills, as well as teamwork and conflict resolution skills;
· Valid certificates for First Aid, WHMIS, Forklift are an advantage.
For a full job description please visit www.shrimpcanada.ca or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all other applicants for their interest in the position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.