Shrimp Canada, a research based dynamic and growing company in the Shrimp Aquaculture, is seeking to hire experienced full-time Aquaculture Technicians to support our site development and operations at the Palmerston Industrial Park.
Reporting to the Site Supervisor, the Aquaculture Technician will work as part of a team, the Aquaculture Technician will be primarily responsible for farm operations including feeding, animal husbandry, harvesting and security of fish stocks.
· A keen understanding of all shrimp handling procedures
· Understand, enforce, and adhere to all government regulations, farm practices and standard of practices;
· A good understanding of feed regimes, feed rates and feed monitoring;
· Familiarity with RAS in Shrimp farming and related maintenance;
· Environmental and plankton monitoring;
Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Preference will be given to those with previous experience in commercial shrimp Aquaculture;
· Aquaculture diploma, Marine Biology, or a Bachelor of Science preferred;
· Must be physically fit and able to lift or move heavy items;
· Well-developed communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills, as well as teamwork and conflict resolution skills;
Valid certificates for First Aid, WHMIS, Forklift are an advantage
For a full job description visit www.shrimpcanada.ca or send your applications to email@example.com